Monday 3 June 2013

June 1st, Clifden

This was my day to vegetate since we were staying in Clifden 2 nights. The guys took off to do 3 different loops, although they were not sure about the third since it would mean redoing the Bog Road, Scott's least favorite stretch of road so far because of the wind. My first order of business was to find a hairdresser to get my hair washed! I still had some blood in it which I could feel (the advantage of dark red hair) but not see and I didn't think it was safe to try washing it myself between the stitches and my still iffy right hand.

After doing the first 2, they stopped back at the B&B and we all went to lunch at one of the many bubs, Guys. The food was great although at lunch we were all pretty much sticking to soup and brown bread. The service was a bit slow though.

One of the things I did want to do is the Sky Road that the guys are doing. Unfortunately, it is changed from being a great day to a grey day as I drove. It was also a bit scary for me because we really wound around the side of a mountain. Because of the left hand driving, it is very easy to be driving downhill around the outer edge of the mountain with the drop right there! But it is gorgeous.


 


 
 

 That night when the guys got back, we decided to head back to the same pub because the food had been good and Scott and I decided that we wanted the mussels for dinner. Food was again great but the service was much improved. 

I headed off to bed while the guys headed out in there on going quest for music that would start before Mike's bed time

No comments:

Post a Comment