Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mike's Pictures June 5 Ireland 2013 Leenane to Westport

I have 2 more sets of Mike's pictures to share as I sit in a Paris apartment. I am going to use this posting to post his second to last group of pictures, then I will start on Paris. I will definately get all his posted because what remains are the Dublin and stud farm shots.

Thes pictures are from Leenane to Westport which was through the Connamara. I wish I could post them all but there just isn't space, so here are some that I liked and I thought would give you a good feel for his travels.






Did I mention why the sheep are decorated in different colors? Well, I may be repeating myself but the sheep graze on common land. The color of the spray paint and the placement, indicates who the owner of the sheep is. The lambs aren't painted, I guess they wait till they are old enough to stop following mama around.




This was at a small town on the way where they had a church and baptismal well dating to St. Patrick. There is an alter that he was said to have said Mass on.



 
 

Mike loves taking pictures of the animals that are found in a particular area he is visiting, collecting pictures of exotic birds and animals. Well, Ireland has interesting but I wouldn't call them exotic.











 
 
 
 
Where we stayed in Westport,

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment